Are you looking to grow your freelance business with other likeminded freelance folk, without hustling, icky pushy sales techniques or cookie cutter techniques?
- Do you wish you had a more strategic approach to freelancing, feeling more in control of where your next project is and what your income will be over the next few months?
- Are you looking for email templates that will save you time and keyboard wobbles?
- Do you want to know the latest tips and tools, from freelancers who have actually implemented them successfully?
- Are you introverted, shy or neurodivergent, and want to do business in a way that works for YOU?
- Or, are you brand new to freelancing, and want some guidance on how to set up?
You're in the right place my freelancing friend, pull up a chair and grab a cuppa.
Weekly Freelance Group Calls + Voxer hours for 1-2-1 support + All the resources you need to run your business
10 reasons you need The Freelance Business Lounge in your life NOW (because I love a listicle)
1) You fell into freelancing, but you don't currently have any strategy or plan. Frankly, you feel like sometimes you're treading water, rather than swimming to success!
2) You want an adulter adult to do the scary stuff like contracts and accounts, because right now it all seems a bit overwhelming.
3) You want to start taking your freelance business more seriously, but you lack faith in yourself and your business. Secretly, you're scared you can't keep doing this long-term.(Spoiler: You can!)
4) You want to have a pipeline of eager clients, rather than panicking when a contract ends and face-planting a pint of ice cream while hitting the refresh button on your email.
5) You want to start boosting your business, but you still want to have balance and fun in your life. Less 24/7 hustling your ass off, more keeping the weekends free for fun.
6) Networking terrifies you. You want to show up and wow....but the idea of walking into a room of people makes you want to stay on the sofa and hide under a blanket.
7) Accounts? They're a January panic rather than something you're organised about. You want to change that. Hell, you'd like to get to January and have money left over after your tax bill.
8) You know you should have a marketing plan. And probably a mailing list. But....you're not quite sure what to do, what to share or where to start. Don't panic, I've got tutorials for that.
9) You dream of winning at uncomfortable client conversations instead of just drowning in ick. Well, that's what my email templates are for. Whether it's business correspondence... (etc etc), I've got you covered.
10) You are, or you're planning to, juggle freelancing with parenting. At the moment, it feels like you're stretched to your limit, and only just covering childcare costs. Self care? HA HA HA. (I've got lots of ways for you to make more time to fit in self-care, and less time dealing with the boring stuff).
What actually is the magical, mystery Freelance Business Lounge? I'll tell you.
The Freelance Business Lounge is a monthly membership packed full of resources, courses, tools and tips to help you grow your business, get organised and have more fun as a freelancer. I wanted to create a library of resources for you to dip in and out of, in your own time, to really work on your self-development in your business and personal life. From email templates, to expert trainings. From video tutorials to exclusive discounts for freelance tools like insurance and accounting.
PLUS there's a Facebook group and weekly group coaching session to keep you on track, and Voxer hours on Tuesdays for when you need more 1-2-1 support.
- Starting your Freelance Business
- Pitching for clients
- Freelance Confidence
- Freelance Parenting
- Time Management
- Business Templates (including NDAs and service agreements)
- Top Tools
- Coaching tools
But...I don't have time?
This content is going to be seriously practical and useful - no fluff, all bitesize tasks to get you where you want to be. It will save you time, because you'll spend less time Googling, and more time taking action. And you don't need to use all of it. Think of it like a buffet you can pick from.
Plus, you'll have a Facebook group to give you accountability to use these tools. I don't want you to just sign up then forget to login. I want you to get the most out of it! So I'll remind you each week of resources that are in the membership.
But honestly, the calls alone are worth it. Two calls a week at 30-45 minutes long, where you can drop in, bounce around ideas, get accountability, get a cheer up or celebrate a win. Those who make the most out of it, are the ones who make one or two of those calls a week. Oh, and they're fun!
Resources + templates + accountability = freelance success!
Have a peek below to see exactly what's included, including the bundled courses and all of the brilliant speakers from both of the Freelance Lifestyle Summits.
Ready to join The Freelance Business Lounge community?
Get started now!
Hello! I'm Emma Cossey, and I run The Freelance Lifestyle. I’ve been freelance since 2009, working with both big and small companies on an assortment of social media, copywriting, blogging, training and consulting projects. I started The Freelance Lifestyle when I spotted a gap in the market for creating content that makes going, and being, freelance as accessible and straightforward as possible. Practical tips, not dull business lingo. I wanted to create a hub of resources for freelancers to delve into. What started as a blog and podcast, grew into a Facebook community, a coaching service and now The Freelance Business Lounge.
Oh, and I know things don't always go smoothly. I juggle freelancing with parenting, plus I have ADHD and an introverted nature, so everything in this membership is designed to be quick, easy and not requiring huge bundles of confidence or people energy.
"Being in the Business Lounge feels like having a freelance family - there's always someone there to offer a helpful perspective, a piece of advice, or a virtual hug! The weekly calls keep me accountable - plus seeing and talking to other people about what's going on in our businesses is incredibly reassuring. The coaching exercises Emma runs are where I can really feel myself being supported and stretched. I can honestly say I set and achieve goals that I wouldn't without The Business Lounge".
- Rebecca Broad, Freelance Communicator
"When I joined the business lounge I had work coming in but was in need of a new challenge. Working through Emma's group exercises and having the support of the group really helped me focus on what I was needing. I now have a handful of new and exciting projects and opportunities lined up for 2020 and feel I am moving my career forward"
- Lyndsey Clark, Freelance museum and exhibitions consultant
"The Freelance Business Lounge is packed full of resources and has everything you need whether you’re at the start of your freelance journey or have been going for a while. Emma is an experienced freelancer and coach. She shares her years of experience so you can hit the ground running and not fumble your way through freelance life. She also brings her calmness to the group and is great to chat to if you’re having a wobble."
- Lisa Pierce, E-commerce manager
"I am so glad that I took the plunge and joined Emma’s Freelance Business Lounge following her fantastic Freelance Summit in June. The Business Lounge offers the accountability I need to keep going (and can be hard to come by as a freelancer/self employed person) and also a wonderful support network of fellow freelancers all cheering each other on. The highlights for me are the quarterly goal setting sessions and the twice-weekly group coaching calls. Thank you Emma for all your support and encouragement - it has helped me achieve so much already!"
- Katie McCrae, Writer and Founder of the Find Your Happy journal
"Joining Emma's Freelance Business Lounge this year has been invaluable. It's both a great source of useful business materials (how to find clients, how to price your services, legal templates and much much more) AND a really supportive and positive community (reflecting Emma's own work style and values). We all feel confident to share our challenges, ask for advice from each other and celebrate each others wins, however small! If you run your own small business, or are thinking about setting up, I'd really recommend it."
- Heather Wright, Coach
I joined the Freelancer Business Lounge in September 2019 after I launched my consulting business in January of that year. I had gone through a lot of the early stages of starting my business alone, but knew I needed a bit of guidance and help as my business grew. I joined the Business Lounge for access to all of the amazing materials that Emma has gathered, but I find the community of freelancers and consultants to be the most amazing asset. I can jump on the calls to talk through whatever sticking point I’ve reached, or ask the group at large on the Facebook page and know I’m going to get thought-through responses with real experience behind them. I love being part of the Freelancers Business Lounge and can highly recommend it to other freelancers who are looking for the kind of fantastic support you can get from Emma and the rest of the Business Lounge subscribers.
- Kim Romero, Founder, Next Leap Consulting
StartThe 30 Day Freelance Lifestyle E-Course
StartGoal Setting For Freelancers: Course
Start🗎 Invoicing Template
StartHow to avoid the Freelance Feast or Famine cycle
StartMaking a freelance business plan
StartMaking a freelance business plan: pt2
StartCreating A Kick Ass Personal Brand
StartIdentifying your ideal market/clients
StartHow your friends' opinions can help you
StartDealing with negativity from others about freelancing
StartFinding your Unique Selling Point
StartRegistering with HMRC
Start📼 Freelancing as a student - interview with Rebecca Broad (18:04)
Start🗎 How to respond when people send you job adverts
Start📼 Three Things You Can Do Each Day To Improve Your Productivity (4:30)
Start📼 How to craft your elevator pitch (3:37)
StartWhat do you need legally to get started?
Start*New* 📄Email to turn down work
Start🗎 Email to send to friends and family: The Scary Email
StartThe Freelance Profit Pipeline: PDF workbook
StartHow To Pitch For New Clients: Course
Start7 Ways To Earn Passive Income As A Freelancer
StartHow to negotiate, without cutting your prices!
Start🗎 Email Template for Pitching
Start📼 PR for freelancers: Interview with Kerri Watt (22:52)
Start📼 Interview: LinkedIn with Helen Pritchard (44:02)
Start10 Sales Tasks To Land A New Client
StartFour weeks of pitching tasks
StartOptimising how you use LinkedIn
Start*New*📄 Email to send to previous clients
Start*New* Email to brain pickers